|The current round of Genesis is expected to end this Friday, February 13th. The following changes are planned (some of these could change over the next few days): |
* Military system will be redone; The 4 units will be as follows (names will vary by race):
(Name, Strength, Approx Cost, Maintenance)
Soldier: 1/1, $75, $1gc / 4 troops
Archer: 3/2, $250, $1gc troops
Knight: 4/5, $600, $2gc / troop
Elite: */*, $1200, $4gc / troop
* Elites values will vary by race. These numbers are just estimates and can certainly be adjusted. The idea is to create a definite cost vs. space trade-off in the military units, while trying something new in eliminating the pure offense/defense units.
* Gains from attacks will likely be impacted a little by the overall relative sizes of the two kingdoms involved. Attacking a big province in a big kingdom will provide higher gains than attacking a big province in a small kingdom.
* Ambush will be improved; Fog might negate War Spoils as well.
* We're going to look at the idea of "building investments" as an option to increase the efficiency of land for a cost. More details will be posted when available.
These are the major changes we're looking at. We'll also likely add things like a spell or operation targeting prisoners and other similar changes - those will also be posted when determined.
Mehul (Original Post)
Please wait while loading...
Please wait while loading...
(09-Feb-2004 05:07 am
|then everyone play t/m and explorer, that'll be fun|
(09-Feb-2004 05:12 am
|Maybe the attack gains and success should be reworked like the current buildings efficiency is now:|
Not only success or failure, but sth like:
Crushing Victory (heavy losses for the enemy, fast army return)
victory (as usual)
Minor Victory (acreage gains like conquest)
Loss (no gains)
Failure (heavy loss of troops, longer time until army is back?)
Fauxpas (your army gets scattered, happiness decreases, men desert?)
And how about a new attack style:
Your army challenges the opposing army, taking no land, but the winner takes captives, who serve in his own army from then on.
Attack an enemy successfully, and yuo wil get like 12-15% of his troops for your own army.
(Posted as ToChicken)
(09-Feb-2004 05:20 am
|10-15%????? ever heard of over draft. Youre army wil go from 60% draft to over 65% making you drop an happines. Also if it is the same for aal troops you get 15% of a guys leets? What if he is full leets? You get 1500!!!! leets from an 900 acre prov. 20*900=18k troops ore something.|
TM's are kinda screwed becuase a small prov can suicide on them whil the others can't do a thing. Good for the honor hunters.
(09-Feb-2004 05:33 am
|hmm changes aren't that bad expect that i want more changes... it's just not enough... yeah and the DPA will jump really high...|
(09-Feb-2004 05:48 am
|oh boy this could be fun and very expensive with a all elite force there goes the cash flow with troops. Pezzies normal is 3gc and a knight is 2 gc and elites r ? not going to leave lot of gc laying around|